Typical full Scottish Breakfast includes:
- Eggs any way you like them. You must try the scrambled eggs. They make them with double cream, a magical dairy item not often available in the States.
- Grilled Mushroom
- Grilled Tomatoes
- Sausage (Bangers)
- Haggis. Confession: I didn't try it, but it seems every restaurant and hotel has their own version.
- Toast and Butter - don't get me started on the butter. I'm from Wisconsin and I was impressed with their butter.
- Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- Freshly Made Coffee with cream. Always cream.
- And, of course, Oatmeal. Actually, they call it porridge. Or more accurately parritch. Also made with cream, for goodness sake. This is not your Quaker Instant Oatmeal. This is the real stuff.
Sounds like a lot and it is, but most places allow you to order only the items you want. Or, even more often, they offer a self-serve breakfast buffet.
What's the most wonderful thing you ate in Scotland?